Give us five minutes - we'll give you a whole new world without clickbait, eye catchers, autoplaying videos, paywalls, partisan eco-chambers, or whatever else digital marketers can come up with next.
Otherweb uses machine learning models to rank news articles based on several metrics, including informativity, subjectivity, hatefulness, use of propaganda techniques and clickbait headlines.
Artificial intelligence has its downsides, but its upsides are also undeniable. There is no better tool for tackling repetitive tasks at scale. And filtering junk – is the ultimate repetitive task.
Otherweb is looking to bring back journalistic integrity and filter out "fake news" and misinformation that has become so prevalent in today's fast-moving information world.
Of all the types of junk people consume, the most pernicious type is junk information — it messes with our ability to think, communicate and make decisions.
We’ve worked really hard to try and create a place where people can read news, listen to podcasts, and search the web - without the junk and noise that bombards us everywhere else on the web.
- We gather articles from twitter, reddit and other sources every few seconds.
We attach a nutrition label to each article, so you can decide whether it’s worth consuming - before you consume it.
- We include articles from the sane left and the sane right, without introducing our own bias one way or the other.
- We replace all headlines with a 1-sentence summary that actually reflects what the article says - so there’s no more clickbait or attention-grabbing headlines.
- We use a suite of AI models to filter out any article that triggers our junk filters, clickbait filters, propaganda filters, or extreme partisan bias filters.
- We give you granular controls that allow you to filter your news feed by source, by category, or by a minimal quality cutoff that you can set separately for each category.